43x Pull-ups, kipping
43x Pull-ups, strict
43x Pull-ups, kipping
Archive for August, 2011
DO NOT SKIP THIS DAY INTENTIONALLY! Remember that CrossFit is a “Strength & Conditioning” Program. I promise I will make you sweat.
5 Rounds, Rest as needed between sets…
Sorry to inform all, but due to hurricane Irene, the beaches will not be safe for our workout tomorrow. Hopefully we can reschedule for next weekend. Regular classes will be held at the gym tomorrow at 8am and 9am. Thank you!
5 Rounds for Time of...
20 Pull Ups
Back by popular demand, we will be holding another beach WOD at Nickerson Beach on Saturday, August 28. We will be meeting on the east end of Nickerson beach(parking lot immediately after toll booths) volley ball courts at 8am. By 8:15 we will be walking down towards the beach, so try and be on time. If you have questions, please call Audrey’s cell at 914.980.8949 or Cliff at 516.578.3913. We will run a team WOD and then hang at our Cabana for some beverages and snacks for a couple hours before the hurricane hits. See you Sat!
Max rounds, no time limit
On the minute every minute perform
1x squat first minute, then rest
2x squats second minute, then rest
3x squats third minute… and so on
Continue until you cannot perform the requisite # of squats within the minute
*You must continue for at least 20 minutes.
*Compare to 3/17/11, 10/19/10, 6/28/10
Mental Approach to CrossFit
• Don’t be thinking of CrossFit all day and obsessing about if you are going to go today or not.
• Commit to the training, make a schedule, stick to it and just walk through the door, (this is the hardest part, everything else is easy.)
•Getting scared or worrying is not a good long term approach.
• Do not obsess about your score or the results.
• Do the training for the practice, enjoy the practice, not the result.
• Be aware of your physical condition, back off if you are tired, sick or injured.
• Stay calm and work hard.
• Do every rep correctly and count each one, (chin over the bar every rep, 50 means 50, be methodical and religious about this.)
• Everyday is going to be different, work with what you have that day. You will not set a record every day.
• Honor yourself and your competitors, give them your best so that they might find theirs.
• Cheating dishonors you and everyone involved in your life. If you are cheating in our gym, you are surely cheating in life. It will destroy your life.
• Bullshit with your friends.
• Write your score down, (we are pack animals, we need to know where we rank.)
• Nobody cares what you got.
• Everyone cares if you cheated.
• Go home and eat a steak and some veggies.
(Courtesy of CrossFit Dublin)